Each year an estimated 13.7 million days are lost due to work related mental health conditions including depression, anxiety and stress, costing employers in the UK over 20 billion.
The benefits of promoting mental health in the work place are now well documented. Some key features relevant to all employees include the provision of necessary levels of support, praise for work done well, control over work and constructive feedback.
The CLD Trust can provide on-site counselling and support for employees and managers.
This is available on an individual basis or as part of a whole company approach to supporting staff and managers.
Benefits to the organisation
- Reduction in absenteeism and sickness
- Reduction in accident related disability
- Increased productivity
- Increased motivation
- Increase on self-management and decision making
Benefits to Employees
- Improved motivation, confidence and self-esteem
- Improved concentration
- Improved learning
- Improved relationships with work colleagues, friends and family
- Improved physical health including sleep patterns
- Reduction in stress levels